Hi Cris, good morning. I’d like to ask what to do in order for us to get rid of bad thoughts? Sometimes it is really hard to control them. I feel bad about it. I ask God to forgive me every day… but I feel dirty when it happens. I admire you a lot. Thank you, you are my fountain of inspiration. Kisses… Stay with God.
Friend, the first thing you should understand about evil thoughts is that they come to everyone. But it’s not because everyone is attacked by bad thoughts that we should live with them, as if they were part of our lives.
Just like seeds, evil thoughts can also bear fruit but this will only happen if they find fertile soil in your mind. Nowadays, many things that are apparently harmless have become the main causes of a bad conscience. See some examples below:
- TV programmes, series, movies and soap operas that feed bad thoughts through heavy scenes, lies, betrayal, disrespect, malice, etc.
- Songs that nourish bad thoughts about oneself, the opposite sex, and even love.
- Nonsense conversations, gossip, images, and nudes that lead to bad thoughts.
- Wrong behaviour, swear words, discussions, disrespect, deceit, funk parties, and even a sexy way of dressing up are some sources of bad thoughts.
- Following certain celebrities, bloggers, and people on social networks can also raise bad thoughts.
It’s not that you cannot hear music, watch TV, and have friends, but you must make the right choices.
“All things are lawful to me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be brought under the power of anything.” (1 Corinthians 6:12)
One last tip that will make all the difference; what if you fill your mind with the thoughts of God? Those who fill themselves with what is good have no room for evil!
- Read the Bible.
- Talk to God.
- Join the Wednesday and Sunday services in Church.
- Make friends with people who have the same spiritual goal as yours.
- Invest in helping people.
- Pay more attention to your interior than to your exterior.