– Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek before the Law of Tithes and Offerings even existed (Genesis 14.20);
– The LORD said:
Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. Malachi 3.8-9
The Lord Jesus also said to the scribes and Pharisees:
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done without leaving the others undone. Matthew 23.23
– The apostle Paul was clear when he said:
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6.9-10
After all, are tithes (the firstfruits) and offerings biblical or unbiblical?
– When a person considers himself to be a servant of God, but is not faithful with the first 10% (firstfruits of God), will he be able to be faithful with 100% of his life on the Altar?
– When a servant does not have faith to serve the LORD with the firstfruits, will he have faith to serve Him with his life (100%)?
– And when he does not have faith to love and serve the LORD with all his might, with all his understanding and with all his soul, will he have faith to receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit?
– Do you think robbers (not servants) have the right to be sealed with the Spirit of the LORD?
– Do you think it is possible for a servant of the lord of unrighteousness or sin to be blessed by the LORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS? Would this be fair in the eyes of God?
The firstfruits have to do with recognizing JESUS CHRIST as the FIRST LOVE, PRIORITY AND CONSIDERATION AS LORD of those who serve Him.
The simple fact of not considering the LORD as First already shows infidelity from the person that claims to be His servant.